Monday, November 12, 2018

Hololens

This is going to be way huger than we think. This is making significant strides in enterprise applications while being nearly unheard of among the general public.

The other day I met someone who works for Thyssenkrupp. I mentioned a technology I follow that they're using and she immediately said "Hololens." It's Utility is well known.


I have 95% + Confidence, Microvision is in a coming significant release of this product. (And the product will "take the world by storm.")



This week Microsoft had an update for their HoloLens technology which, I think, currently has the best shot at defining one of the major evolutionary pivots for personal computers. Right now, it reminds me a lot of the early days of the PC market. But instead of replacing calculators, typewriters, mainframe computers, and rolodexes this technology is replacing manuals, remote trainers, tablets, and wearable PCs.

What is particularly fascinating given how slow PCs came into hospitals, is that the HoloLens was just certified for medical procedures. This may help address my fear of hospitals by preventing problems like that poor woman that recently went in for back surgery and came out with one less Kidney (surprisingly she wasn’t particularly thankful).
But much like the PC evolved into a far more comprehensive tool, I expect HoloLens (and augmented reality (AR) in general) to evolve as well—not only in hardware (I’m really looking forward to seeing HoloLens 2 next year) but in how and where it is used. You see, I can foresee a time when we might put this thing on in the morning and not take it off until right before we go to sleep (if then).


No comments:

Post a Comment