Wednesday, January 29, 2020

An Owed Post

When I started this blog it was literally simply a place for me to keep my own research so I wouldn't lose it.

Recently, I have been much less active here... that has been part of my plan. The kids are grown, and I love flying and want to do a lot more of that. That's been my recent focus.

I've been getting e-mails and texts querying why I haven't been active here.. is everything okay, etc.

The answer is, I don't perceive that anything has changed. And yes, things are okay. I'm frustrated too that we haven't had more news.

Researching MVIS, and posting here has gone from a #2 priority, to about #4, and at the moment, I'm in waiting mode -- as are most. I see new iterations of what we already know, if I see something notable that's new it will get attention.

  • I strongly suspect that Amazon is the primary Interactive Display customer (and I have previously stated why -- up to and including a strong reaction from an Amazon engineer who was working on new iterations of Alexa.) This also can be sold elsewhere, and not everything that is Alexa enabled is directly from Amazon.
  • I suspect Microsoft and Hololens. We know that they can sell this technology to any customer. The market for this should be vast. Remember that most of the machines that use Windows are NOT made by Microsoft, and in Augmented Reality this will probably be the case as well. (Do not forget that Microsoft and Microvision have never acknowledged the connection -- this connection was entirely derived by a lot of research by a lot of different people, here and elsewhere.)
  • I still think that the Display Only customer is still in play or they would be trying to sell display-only products elsewhere.

Even in a worst-case scenario, I see considerably more value than we're currently showing.

Figure I owed a post after that hit-piece on SA this morning. (Interesting coincidence with several days of painting the tape after market.) 


I'm still around... 

No comments:

Post a Comment